Friday, October 05, 2007

I still want! I still want! I still want! I still want!

I still want!



But now I actually have it preordered for 7/12/07.

I will get this Ra damned game!

Some people ask why I want it so much and part of it is because I am a great big Pokenerd.

The other part is that I am interested to see how they have modified the old poly models to suit the new consoles. Somehow I don't see the old N64 or Gamecube models fitting well into the Wii and it's possible level of realism.

Plus, having the new Pokemon to stare and drool at, I can't wait to see if they make the mistake they did with the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Pokemon which was to over simplfy the models, making them look overly cartoonish compaired to Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Ok, about 70-80% of my rather powerful desire to own this game is that I'm a great big Pokenerd and want to see what they've done with the battles and how the internet battles will work.

Also I can't wait to start winning battles so that I can customise the basic Traier you get, clothes, hair, name :)


Set in "Poketopia," this game promises to return to the days of Stadium 1 and 2, which while some games mags think is a bad idea, I welcome it, as while I enjoyed Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, both for the Gamecube) the story modes would have been better had they not attempted to put a lame battle mode in on the same disc. I would welcome a new 3D Pokemon Adventure, but not if it ws at the expense of the gameplay of one or both modes.

Pokemon isn't a Children's game, at least not always. If you look at the stratagy, planning and thinking that needs to go into a Pokemon battle. A good Trainer will NEVER go into battle with only one type of Pokemon. It's stupid to say the least as even the strongest of the types have at least one weakness.


Plus, a dual type pokemon like say Charizard (Fire/Flying) or Dialga (Steel/Dragon) will have more advantages and disadvantages then a single type pokemon, e.g. Charmander (Fire) or Pikachu (Thunder), as such, while a team with a lot of Dual Types will hav an advantage over one without a lot, if you're not caeful it is possible to load your team with a disadvantage to a particular type. For example, if you have many Ground/Rock/Dragon/Grass types, your team will hve a disdvnatage to Ice and etc.

Plus, on top of the types, you have to think about your pokemon's stats. If a Pokemon has a higher attack, the Speical Attack, then you'd give it mores that were Physical Attack moves like Dragon Claw instead of Speical Attack moves like say, Ice Beam.

Added on that again, you have the moves that effect your pokemon's status, eg sleep, paralisis, poison etc.

And your pokemon's gender is also important is your pokemon's ability is Rivalry or the opponante knows Attract...

The stratagy behind the game, is the main reason I am still addicted to the game over ten years later, a long way from the days of Red/Blue/Yellow and the Indigo League.

Anyway, I guess I've gone off on one long enough.

I just thought I'd clarify why I'm so Pokemad.

Joey

-----------------------------

This message was brought to you by the Eggman Empire, which is not responcible for it's contents, except this part... *BOOM!*

No comments: