Monday, January 15, 2007

Week I'm not sure which, 12 I think - Returning to DeMontfort

"I gave them the wrong warning, I should have told them to run, run and hide, 'cause the monsters are coming, the human race!" (The Doctor, Doctor Who, The Christmas Invasion, Dec 2005)

Well, I'm back.

And already it's only been a week and I feel like I'm home.

It felt a little weird, coming back here after being home, but I realised that while I enjoyed being home, Leicester is more home to me then Bristol ever will be again, nice for a holiday, but I don't really want to live there at the moment.

As for the course... well, what can I say?

It's fantastic, I really do love it, and though to start with I felt like I'd been thrown in the deep end before I could swim, I'm getting there, and getting much better now, there's still some faults with my work, but I'm only a freshman, I'm not going to become an expert in my first term, for me to expect otherwise would be very very stupid.

Coming on this course is the best thing I've ever done, I have more friends, I enjoy life more, and I'm finally doing something I love.

I'm finally me, more then I have been my entire life, Anne Lawrence, and the Joey who walks through the classroom door are two completely different people, and I love the new me, I love being Joey, who can be herself and be treated with respect and friendship and trust, instead of being Anne, who was always bullied and could never be herself without having the piss taken.
The new Joey is better then the old Anne.

And as for this blog, well, a lot of things that I'm too scared to say in person, or don't want to sound like I'm bragging about, it all goes on here, all my feelings and worries and every... well... almost everything I think is amusing from discussions with friends, hense the Nickname blog a while back.

And the tasks are normally pretty easy to understand, so I'm almost always up to date, because I can understand what I'm supposed to be writting about, and can write my way, in my style, without having to stick to some strick code or write in some obscure technobable that leaves me thinking wtf.

All right, all right, I'll admit to once or twice being behind schedule, I'm unfortunantly good at that, but I have never left a blog more then two weeks, even if I'm distracted by shiny things the course is more important to me then anything else ever...

Except my friends and some of my family... they'll always come first.

Some of my blogs are mine, I'm pretty sure Miss Leicestershire has nothing to do with designing games, but I feel more cmfortable writting about things and the tasks here, instead of having the tasks set as evil essays-of-doom, esspecally since I'm a well known procrastinator when it comes to essays.

Life here is great and I can't wait to deal with the tree, this time things will go my way instead of making me rush at the last minute because polygons appear where they're not menat to! (How my house did that I have no idea, I have a horrible feeling I missed something when I was rushing to complete the texturing), this term will go smoothly and if it doesn't, I'm going to work my hardest to make it do so.

Question, do you like my hat?

And can everyone who reads my blog tell me so I know how many people actually read the stuff I write... pwease?

Anyway, I think I've rambled long enough, so I'll say g'night now,
Joey, signing out.
P.S. My flatmate just told me she's not drunk, yeah right, that's why she's slamming around and screaming, if she's not drunk, I'm the Queen of Sheba!

"Low life" (Sora)
"You're too kind, kid." (Hades) (KH2)

1 comment:

Robin said...

Well I hope you know I read your blog? Since I have left just a few comments ;)

Glad you like Uni, glad you hate bristol, I'm glad because I don't want to live in bristol either, and I don't want to leave my bestest buddy there.

So, holiday plans? Summer's not that long away, and why do i think both of us will end up working all hours possible?

Ok randomness is almost over.

TTFN