Saturday, March 10, 2007

Week 22 - GDC

How I would have loved to have been in this lecture -

Final Fantasy XII Postmortem
Speaker: Taku Murata (General Manager, Technical Research Divi, Square Enix Co.,Ltd)
Date/Time: Thursday (March 8, 2007) 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Location (room): Room 135, North Hall
Track: Visual Arts
Format: 60-minute Lecture
Experience Level: All

Session Description
Final Fantasy XII, which has shipped over 4 million units in Japan and North America since its Japanese release on March 16, 2006, is the latest installment of the world renowned Final Fantasy franchise which has sold more than 70 million units worldwide. Taku Murata, Supervisor of Final Fantasy XII, and the other core members of its development team will give the lecture on the learning from the development of the title.

Development of Final Fantasy XII was massive project in every aspect. Taku will talk about the challenges he faced in development process. The title also pushed the envelope in terms of graphics. He will touch upon technical challenges to realize this quality graphics introducing tools created during the development of this title; effect tool, motion tool, and stage editors.

Audience can expect to see a glimpse of the long kept secret of Final Fantasy development.


https://www.cmpevents.com/GD07/a.asp?option=C&V=11&SessID=4600

Unfortunatly I had no such luck. One I didn't know about the conference, two, I couldn't go anyway, and three I was else where at the time.

I bet it would have been very interesting though, as a long time Final Fantasy Fan, I would have liked to have seen how the newest game went through development, it would have been fantastic. *Sniff*

Ah well, I guess I'll never know...

Or not yet at least...

Looking at the huge list of Game Design lectures and sessions, I think I'd need to use the Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Multiply on me just to be able to get to the ones that I find interesting, there's so many! *Faints in awe*

I wonder which sessions the Doc went to and what he'll be bringing back to teach us... :) This could be interesting...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stupid Fuzzballs! There must be thousands of them!" - Pegasus

"Tens of thousands, Pegasus, and because of the way the Kuriboh attack, you're about to see just as many explosions!" - Yami

(Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellist Kingdom Final Match, years and years old now, and yet still my all time favourate quote.)

No comments: